I love these verses in different versions in the Bible. It is so profound. It sums up how important are we to our God; and the purpose of our creation.
Here I quote from 2 Bible versions – NKJV and NIV
“So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days. “I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.
Exodus 23:25-27 NKJV
Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span. “I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run.
Exodus 23:25-27 NIV
The promise of Full Life Span is given to the Israelites in the Old Testament. This is God’s instructions to Moses to tell the Israelites and make it known and understand it well.
God’s promises are a like a compensation and benefits in the business firm or company. If I will put it in employment’s context. It is full package. Before you sign the contract, you will agree on how many hours you will work per week and how much salary it will compensate you.
It also comes with the benefits on signing on the agreement — entitlement on Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Maternity Leave, 13th-month pay and Variable Bonus. This is not based on the condition of the company’s performance in profit. All these you will receive.
In a simple Employment Contract for Exodus 23:25–27 into today’s context it will go like this:
Appointment Letter: Child of God
Working Statutes: Worship God Alone
Salary : Bread and Water
- Full Life Span
- NO Sickness
- NO Miscarriage
- NO Barrenness
God’s wrath is against your enemies
Our enemies will run from us.
Signed by: You
It will look like this, probably. You will take hold and precious to it. Because it keeps promises to your employment.
Now that we are living in the New Covenant. The Salary, Benefits and Bonus in Exodus 23:25-27 are God’s Promises that sums up to a one person —JESUS.
Here how it is:
- JESUS is the promised Bread and Water of God. — Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. -John 6:35 NIV
- JESUS is the promised Full Life Span — For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. —John 3:16 NIV
- JESUS bore our sicknesses and diseases — This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: “He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.” – Matthew 8:17 NIV (Isa. 53:4)
- JESUS takes NO Barrenness but fruitfulness in Him. —You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you – John 15:16
- JESUS takes God’s wrath who believes in Him. –—The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
John 3:35-36 NIV
God’s Love Is Unfailing. His Promise Is Unshaken.
With all these “compensation and benefits” —The promised of Full Life Span, we will have it here on earth and to eternal life, if we will genuinely believe through faith in Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:22)
How to claim; Click the Promised of a Full Life Span?
All glory to God! 💖
who am i? John Three Sixteen explains my faith. Proverbs Three Five and Six is my guiding principle in life. Romans Eight Twenty-Eight drives my motivation aptly. And Agape Love is my goal. i am... a Child of God. a Princess of the King. a Believer. a Christ Follower. His Beloved. His Royal Priesthood. Desiring God for His Utmost. a Wife to my Blessing- His wonder amazed me with my hubby. a Mother to my treasures ( two of His most precious). a Friend to someone who knows who am i and love them back the most. a Little ones' teacher and builder of faith. a Service Excellence and Leadership Coach an Amateur and Passionate Writer. Ukulele Enthusiast. Plays Guitar. Volleyball is my type of game.